13 May 2016
- radishes x2
- anise hyssop plants x2
- Ethiopian mustard greens (love the sharp bite)
- plus ramps! (from a neighbor)
I missed the first two weeks, only to catch the end of the sorrel. It’s been a too-warm winter, too-cool spring.
Menu Week 3
- radishes: raw for munching
- mustard greens: sauteed, stirred into Japanese buckwheat noodles
- sorrel: soup, thickened with potato, cream, 2 eggs; sauteed ramps torn and stirred into soup
- rhubarb: compote with cherries, braised duck legs in compote, sauteed ramps on side
- nettles: dunked in pasta water until cooked through, stirred into pasta carbonara
- bonus: sea scallops with ramps; ramps ‘n scrambled eggs
Sorrel is so terribly delicate. Next year, blanch and puree.